Oh the joys of Spring! The birds are singing, the trees are blossoming and more importantly Amazon have reduced another 331 books to 99p! So instead of you scrolling through them, I’ve selected the books I’ve read and recommended and the books I’ve currently got sitting on my kindle… and the books that I just bought because let’s face it, who can resist a bargain?
In no particular order, here’s my recommendations for 20 of the best of May’s book bargains:
- The One – John Marrs – A bloody brilliant book about taking a DNA test to find your perfect partner.
- The Fear – CL Taylor – In my opinion CL Taylor’s best book so far – a dark psychological thriller.
- Broken Bones – Angela Marsons – Book 7 in the fantastic Kim Stone series (currently on my TBR pile but absolutely adored all her previous books.
- The Sapphire Widow – Dinah Jefferies – A Richard and Judy Book Club Pick and one which I can’t wait to read.
- Come a Little Closer – Rachel Abbott – Book 7 in the DCI Tom Douglas series and I absolutely LOVED this one.
- Cold Blood – Robert Bryndza – Book 5 in the brilliant Erika Foster series… I am a little behind on this series – but this has been highly recommended.
- A Curious Heart of Ailsa Rae by Stephanie Butland – Another book right at the top of TBR pile. If you loved Eleanor you will adore this apparently.
- Gone Girl – Gillian Flynn – A book that divided opinions, a real MARMITE book – I, however, LOVED it.
- Our Kind of Cruelty – Araminta Flynn – Euurggh – this book left me feeling dirty but if you like dark and disturbing you should love this.
- Lying in Wait – Liz Nugent – This went straight into my TOP TEN reads of 2017 – need I say more?
- The Woman in Cabin 10 – Ruth Ware – Another highly recommended book which is still sitting on my kindle and I will read soon.
- A Necessary Evil – Abir Mukherjee – A historical crime novel which is again sitting patiently on the TBR.
- Before You Go to Sleep – SJ Watson – Written in 2011 this is, in my opinion, a brilliant psychological thriller which still remains one of the best in the genre.
- The Liar – Steve Cavanagh – The 3rd book in the FANTASTIC Eddie Flynn series which can be read as a standalone.
- Her Last Secret – Barbara Copperthwaite – This went straight into my TOP TEN reads of 2017 – need I say more?
- The Rose Petal Beach – Dorothy Koomson – An emotional thriller with lots of twists and turns.
- The Butterfly Garden – Dot Hutchinson – I thought the first book in this trilogy was utterly stunning despite a very dark and disturbing subject.
- Duplicity – Sibel Hodge – Yet another book waiting patiently on my kindle – but will be read shortly.
- The New Woman – Charity Norman – A highly sensitive book by one of my favourite authors about transgender and the emotions experienced by all family members.
- Room – Emma Donoghue – Stunning, emotional, heart breaking and beautiful. Loved this book so much.
There are so many more wonderful books reduced and if you want to see the full list click HERE