Welcome to my monthly round-up of books I read during April 2018. Due to having a major back operation on 21st April and then becoming completely re-addicted to Grey’s Anatomy whilst recuperating (52 episodes in 5 days), my reading has taken a slight backseat, however my book buying hasn’t! Below are the books I read and my thoughts on each book.
- The Kindest Thing – Cath Staincliffe – A highly topical and thought-provoking story of assisted suicide. Read my review here
- The Things You Didn’t See – Ruth Dugdall – A new standalone psychological thriller. Read my review here
- The Craftsman – Sharon Bolton – Creepy and brilliant but I can’t give you the full review until my turn on the blogtour on 11th May.
- Into the Water – Paula Hawkins – Oh dear – I couldn’t review it as I didn’t finish it. 4 hours on audible and actually had to give up.
- The Man Who Died – Antti Tuomainen – Hedgehogs, Mushrooms, Murder -what more can you want – here’s my full review.
- Paper Ghosts – Julia Heaberlin – A really, really slow burning marmite book – here’s my full review.
- Guess Who – Chris McGeorge – A brilliant debut which kept me guessing who throughout. Here’s my full review.
- Cross Her Heart – Sarah Pinborough – Another brilliant psychological thriller which I highly recommended. Here’s my full review.
- The Fear – CL Taylor – Possibly CL Taylor’s best book yet – here’s my review