Oh dear, I am a little embarrassed to say that my reading mojo got up and left me during September and whilst I usually read between 2-3 books a week it dwindled to 2-3 books a month *hangs head in shame!” This may have had something to do with getting a new puppy and also having to arrange THE Book Club (TBC) 3rd birthday party which was held on 28th October, however I am back, my reading mojo has returned and hopefully full service will resume during November.
This did, however, mean that I was extra selective with the books I chose to read over the past 2 months and I thoroughly enjoyed and recommend all of them for a change. Here is the list of books read during September and October and hopefully you will agree or read it yourself soon.
- The Good Samaritan – John Marrs – The latest psychological thriller from one of my favourite authors and it doesn’t disappoint – read my full review here
- Anything You Do Say – Gillian McAllister – An original and thought-provoking standalone thriller which I absolutely LOVED. Read my full review here
- Before I was Yours – Virginia MacGregor – A beautiful and emotional story of 1 little boy and his 2 mothers. Read my full review here
- The Foster Child – Jenny Blackhurst – A creepy psychological thriller guaranteed to give you goosebumps. Read my full review here
- The Confession – Jo Spain – A gripping page turner which is predicted to be HUGE in 2018 and I agree – Read my full review here
- Her Last Secret – Barbara Copperthwaite – If you enjoy psychological thrillers full of secrets and lies, betrayal and loyalty, then you will LOVE this book – Read my full review here
- We Own The Sky – Luke Allnutt – A story about love, loss and finding hope again all odds – Read my full review here
- Give Me The Child – Mel McGrath – a standalone psychological thriller that starts with an OOMPH and continues until the very last page. Read my full review here
- Ready Player One – Ernest Cline – Read for my online book club “Book of the Month” – Read my full review here
- Kill Me Twice – Simon Booker – Book 2 in a series – but can totally be read as a standalone – Read my full view here
- Hush Little Baby – James Carol – This is my go-to author when I need a guaranteed good read and he hasn’t let me down yet. Read my full review here
- Bring Me Back – BA Paris – The 3rd standalone psychological thriller by the Queen of Domestic Noir – pre-order your copy first and read my full review here
Buy the book here:
My reason for not reading! Riley Blue – A Poochon