So… this year I’ve decided to read what I want when I want and get back to reading for pleasure rather than reading with a deadline looming.
I have set myself a Goodreads Reading Challenge of 120 books and will be reading an additional 20 books for the 2017 TBC reading challenge throughout the year.
Now I don’t know how you choose your next read, but so many things affect my decisions like the weather, my mood, things happening in my life and even overdosing on psychological thrillers.
Having looked through my January books it becomes obvious to me that I really have eclectic taste ranging from romance to crime and a lot of psychological thrillers thrown in. Here’s my January books and if I’ve loved it and would recommend it then the full reviews can be found here…. if I didn’t love it you can read my thoughts on Goodreads!
- Lie with Me – Sabine Durrant – OMG Absolutely LOVED this dark and superb psychological thriller – Read my review here
- My Summer of You – Tammy Robinson – A gorgeous feel good old fashioned romance – perfect for the dark winter nights – Read my review here
- Play Dead – Angela Marsons – Once again a superb book featuring DI Kim Stone – Read my review here
- The Defence – Steve Cavanagh – A fast action packed book perfect for fans of crime and legal thrillers – Read my review here
- Mud Vein – Tarryn Fisher – Hmmm.. starts off well – but I drifted off midway through – Review left on Goodreads
- The Death Sculptor – Chris Carter – Sick, twisted and brilliant (as usual) – Read my review here
- Never Let Me Go – Kazuo Ishiguro – Oh dear – sorry just didn’t “get it” – move on (or read my review on Goodreads)
- Everything But the Truth – Gillian McAllister – Superb debut novel – thoroughly enjoyed it – Read my review here
- Instructions for a Second-hand Heart – Tamsyn Murray – A wonderful YA novel about love, grief and friendship – Read my review here